What personal data do we collect from you?Our doctors, nurses, and other members of healthcare team who are taking care of you may collect, document, use and store your personal information and health information to ensure that you will be given the highest possible quality of patient care that you deserve. These personal information and health information may include the following:
- Basic personal information, such as but not limited to your name, address, date of birth, sex, religious affiliation, contact information, occupation, marital status, citizenship
- Relevant contact information of your relatives, guardian, or next of kin.
- Chief Complaint(s)
- Medical history (such as, but not limited to, date of previous admission, existing illness, medication intake)
- Vital signs (Blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiratory rate)
- Result of x-rays, scans, laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures
- Other information as necessary
How and When do we collect your data?It is important that we collect accurate, and timely information about you in both electronic and paper-based forms, before implementing the healthcare services that you are availing. If you feel that some of the information we collect are not necessary, please feel free to ask any of our healthcare staff or Patient Service Representatives so that they can explain to you why the information are needed and requested from you.
Why do we collect personal data about you?
- For Medical treatment When providing patient care and medical treatment, we collect your personal data to help us understand your current health status and to assist us in maintaining a record of the care and other services that you have received from the hospital. We maintain your medical record for efficient coordination between members of the healthcare team who are involved in the management your care. This will also allow continuity of care in case you return to us for follow-up or other healthcare services. For this purpose, Republic Act 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, allows us to maintain these records.
- For Reporting Requirements Information about certain diseases and other conditions may be reported to the Department of Health or other agencies, as mandated and authorized by laws and regulations. Your health information may also be disclosed to the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) as required by law.
- For Admission and billing, and claims processing For the purpose of processing your hospital bill, your information may be used and disclosed to Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), social welfare agency, your insurance company, Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) and employer to facilitate reimbursement of the hospital bill.
- For Historical, statistical, or scientific purpose. Your information may be used to generate data that would help the hospital enhance its services.
Do we share your personal data to other institution or organization?Yes, there are instances that we share your personal data to government agencies which lawfully collects information. For instance, the Department of Health requires submission of relevant personal information of patients with certain non-communicable and/or communicable disease, injuries, etc., for purposes of disease surveillance and monitoring. We may also share personal information to fulfill legal mandate(s) like when ordered lawfully to do so by a court or a government agency or public authority. We may also share personal information with our service providers, partners, affiliates, and related entities who provide products and services to the Hospital for the same purpose as explained above.
How do we secure your personal data? How long will we keep your data?Only authorized personnel have access to your personal information in our files. We have set up adequate technical, physical, and organizational security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access and disclosure. We store your personal data in accordance with period guidelines and limitations provided by the Department of Health for retention of medical records.
What are your Rights as the data subject?
- You have the right to request a copy of personal and health information that we hold about you, as well as to ask for it to be corrected if you think there is anything wrong.
- You have the right to object to, or withdraw consent that may have been given for, certain processing like direct marketing, trainings, or researches.
- You have the right to suspend, withdraw, or order blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from our filing system if you have substantial proof that your rights are violated, or that your data are incomplete, false, or unlawfully obtained; or processed for unauthorized or unlawful purpose.
- You have the right to be indemnified for damages you may have sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, false or unauthorized use of your personal data
- Transmissibility of your Rights. Upon death or incapacity, your rights may be transferred to your lawful heirs.
How can you contact us?
If you have complaints or questions, you may direct your concerns to the hospital’s Patient Relations department through [email protected] or call (632) 8888 8999 local 3034.
If you think your concerns are not acted upon, you may email MMC’s Data Protection Officer at [email protected].In case we are unable to address your concern, you have the right to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission.
Website Log Data, “Cookies” and how we use them
By visiting our official website, we will monitor your activities through “Cookies”.
Cookies are packets of information that any website transfers to a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. These are used to keep track of users’ preferences for content and alert them to new content areas. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies if you do not want them tracking your preferences. However, many sites will not function well if you disable them.
These cookies do not contain your identifiable personal data. It is simply used as a tracking method for aggregate information for the number of website visitors, IP Addresses, Website Referrals, Most Searched keywords and Top Visited webpages.
By downloading images found in the website, you are voluntarily giving to us your E-mail address. This data is stored in our database for security monitoring and not for marketing and non-medical purposes.
The Makati Medical Center website, and its auxiliary sites, use website cookies. These are only used to enhance the usability of our webpages. We do not store any personal information on our website or database.
Website Data Security
Makati Medical Center official website is a highly secured website. MMC ensures that all users visiting this site will have their confidential data protected from phishers and unauthorized personnel.
Website Online Forms
Makati Medical Center provides online forms in our website, which may request confidential information. We will not share this information with other partners, affiliates or persons and organizations for marketing and non-medical purposes.
Rest assured that these data are located on our highly secured database.
Subscription to newsletter or press release
You may subscribe to MMC newsletters, e-newsletters, publications and press releases by voluntarily giving your e-mail address to us. We will keep your email address in a private distribution list. Makati Medical Center is committed to send only messages to individuals who have opted to subscribe and who have provided their email address or other personal information. We only add individuals based on their request. We do not use your email address for any other purposes.
You may also opt out by sending us an e-mail at [email protected] or call (632) 8888 8999. Your request will remove your information from the distribution list for that publication.
Links to other websites
The Makati Medical Center Official website contains links or external links that are/may be related to the Organization, Doctors, Health Education, News and Hospital Events/Activities.
These websites have their own Privacy Policies and not covered by us.
Data Privacy Notice for Online Job Applicants
We, at Makati Medical Center (MMC), are committed to protect your privacy and the security of your personal information as individuals interested to apply and work with us.
The following explains how we collect, use, share and store your personal information when you visit MMC’s Career page.
Collection and Use
We collect personal information that is material and relevant to your job application. In the course of your application with us, we may also disclose and make your personal information available to authorized individuals who evaluate and assess your job application; government regulatory agencies and 3rd party service providers which provide administrative services for Credential Verification and background checks.
Storage, Protection and Retention
To protect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information, we have set up adequate technical security, administrative and physical measures against unauthorized access to your data.
If your application is successful, we will collect, use and retain your personal information to proceed with the recruitment process until your employment with MMC.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your information for six (6) months, after which your records will be disposed. If there are vacancies in the future, we will get your consent to re-process your application.
Access and Correction
You have the right to access, modify and delete your Personal Information or raise question or concern by contacting us through [email protected] . If you think your rights are violated or not acted upon, you may email MMC’s Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. In the event that MMC is unable to address your privacy concern, you may lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission.